WXVU MAIN LINE NEWS MINUTE FOR THE WEEK OF DECEMBER 19
Written by Gabriella Raful on December 20, 2022
By: Gabriella Raful
The Radnor Township municipal building and public works gtarage will be closed in observance of the Christmas and New Year holidays on the following dates:
- Dec. 23 (12 noon): Christmas Eve observance
- Dec. 26: Christmas Day observance
- Dec. 30 (12 noon): New Year’s Eve observance
- Jan. 2, 2023: New Year’s Day observance
Trash Collection updates
- Monday, Dec. 26: No collection
- Monday, Jan. 2: No collection
- Tuesday, Dec. 27 and Jan. 3, 2023: District 1 collection
- Wednesday, Dec. 28 and Jan. 4, 2023: District 2 collection
Recycling collection will be as normal Thursday and Friday of both holiday weeks.
In other news, Radnor School District officials asked township commissioners last Monday to team up with the district to implement a new bus safety program to deter motorists from violating traffic laws. Following a presentation by Brian Pawling, the district’s business administrator, the commissioners tabled a decision until a future meeting. The cameras would film eight angles around the outside of the bus when it is stopped. The safety program calls for installing cameras on 60 buses. The cameras would be provided by BusPatrol, a school bus safety technology company headquartered in Virginia.